High Capacity, High Impact
Light Rail Transit (LRT)
A swift way to travel down Nashville’s most vibrant avenues, Light Rail Transit (LRT) brings to our transportation system fast, high-capacity train cars that move safely and dependably through their own travel lanes. These will be separate from current general purpose travel lanes. LRT rides are easy and pleasant – and they are reliable, arriving like clock-work every day regardless of traffic patterns or weather.
Metro’s Transportation Solution brings Light Rail to the following corridors –
- Gallatin Road – beginning in-town and traveling all the way north to Briley Parkway – this corridor will provide swift access to East Nashville’s growing neighborhoods, restaurants, and schools.
- Murfreesboro Road – will transport you to the airport fast, and to numerous points in between as you cruise past airport traffic along the way.
- Nolensville Road – Stop first at the proposed new soccer stadium or jump off to explore Nolensville Road’s neighborhood amenities with an easy trip that ends at Harding Place.
- Charlotte Pike – Access all points west by jumping on a light rail car that delivers you to White Bridge Road
- The Northwest Corridor – this LRT line will take advantage of existing rails to connect residents to jobs and opportunities in the corridor and around the city; as well as offer ready access to three of Nashville’s prestigious higher education institutions: Tennessee State University, Meharry Medical College, and Fisk University.