Enhanced Bus Service
First stop for Metro’s Transportation Solution? Enhanced bus service will greatly improve Metro’s existing bus service by:
- Launching a Frequent Transit Network
- Dramatic increase in peak bus service to at least every 15-minutes on 11 of the city’s busiest routes
- Longer hours of service – from 5:15 am to 1:15 am on weekdays.
- Improving Access
- On-demand technology that enhances AccessRide, MTA’s program to serve riders with disabilities, to ensure eligible riders can easily get to and from transit stops. All they have to do is download an app to request a ride.
- On-demand technology also will provide innovative “first-mile/last-mile” integrated connections. “First-mile/last-mile” refers to the legs of your journey to get from home to a transit stop and to get from a transit stop to your final destination.
- An extensive upgrade of our bus fleet to improve speed, access, efficiency and comfort for all riders, including fully electric buses and four new crosstown routes between neighborhoods along:
- Trinity Lane
- Edgehill Avenue
- Bell Road
- Airport-Opry Mills
- Making Service Easier to Use
- Consistent Regional Branding
- Unified Fare System
- Expanded digital signage
- Expanded fare vending machines/off-board fare collection
The collective impact of these enhancements is two-fold:
- It propels up to an 80% reduction in distance/travel time for some trips.
- It reflects Metro Nashville’s commitment to provide the highest quality travel experience. No matter where you travel, we want your ride to be convenient, comfortable, safe, and reliable.