Let’s talk about my main priorities as Mayor: transit, transit, transit!
As our city grows, better, bolder transportation and infrastructure will assure that everyone who lives, works and plays in Davidson County can move around and move ahead. It’s not just about reducing traffic – it’s about easier and quicker access to everything our city has to offer.
Metro’s Transportation Solution is Metro’s in-depth plan for a multi-modal system of interconnected bus, light rail, driving, biking and walking options. In total, it:
- Launches a Frequent Transit Network, which provides service 20 hours each day with unmatched frequency and convenience on the city’s busiest bus routes, as well as four new crosstown routes.
- Brings more convenient and reliable service to existing local routes and upgrades four routes to rapid bus service, making trips faster.
- Introduces highly-efficient light rail transit to Nashville, with four new lines running in and out of downtown, including to the airport, and a fifth that uses an existing but underutilized freight rail track along the Northwest corridor.
- Uses on-demand technology to connect neighborhoods with transit stops and provides more and better transportation options to our elderly, disabled, youth, and disadvantaged citizens.
- Creates Neighborhood Transit Centers across the city, community hubs offering everyone easy access to the entire system.